Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 900 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60-year legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion worth of medicines to local health care organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from the ground up and responded to humanitarian crises worldwide.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
Conduct a short-term partnership identification and consortium-building consultancy on Project HOPE’s behalf in Philippines for the USAID Annual Program Statement: Universal Health Care Project. The consultant will identify and engage experienced local Global Health Security and other health strategic partners and personnel to work with Project HOPE in preparation for a submission for this grant opportunity. Preparation of higher-level portfolio review report (synthesis of GHS programs in the Philippines).
Duration and Location:
This an in-country assignment with an expected work period of 14 working days including technical writing beginning as soon as onboarded.
1) Five days allotted to prepositioning (ten hours week for four weeks).
2) Five days of full-time engagement after the release of the NOFO (design workshop).
3) Four days (roughly ten hours a week for three weeks) at write-up and review.
Project HOPE is exploring business opportunities in the Philippines to grow our presence and our activities in the country. In line with our global strategy, we are conducting a partner mapping exercise to identify and establish strategic partnerships under the Universal Health Care Annual Program Statement.
- Connect Project HOPE with key personnel and strategic partners (e.g., local organizations) for Project HOPE to understand country needs and assess potential for partnerships for the opportunity.
- Identify possible technical experts with demonstrated donor and technical experience to contribute to the program design and proposal development and who could serve in key personnel positions.
- Obtain a thorough briefing on HOPE’s institutional and country strategy as well as program activities and technical capabilities in the region and in areas of importance to the Philippines.
- Establish daily regular communication with Asia/Middle East Regional Director, and Program Officer as well as the Business Development Director and Manager.
- Gather information on host country government priorities, strategies, and geographic focuses related to this grant opportunity.
- Facilitate introductions and meetings, with translation as necessary, with local partners/organizations of strategic interest, and others; and share outcomes and follow up with the POCs.
- Identify and share pertinent technical resources related to this opportunity. This includes relevant government or donor planning documents, key implementing partner reports, research materials, etc.
- Assist in preparation and promotion of information about Project HOPE to support the program development efforts via meetings with partners in country.
- Facilitate exchange of necessary and required information between partners to submit a concept note (if a partnership is agreed upon) by the submission deadline.
- Provide a brief written report summarizing the information gathered and recommendations.
- Provide comprehensive written and verbal input at the concept/proposal development process.
- Exceptional ability and prior experience in building professional partner relationships and networks.
- Strong familiarity and relationship-building capabilities with organizations working in the global health security sector of the Philippines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to gather data and conduct research to obtain market intelligence.
- Excellent time management, technical writing, and presentation skills.
- Highly collaborative and extensive experience in collaboration tools and processes.
- Results-oriented, disciplined, and strong initiative.
- Written and verbal mastery of English.
Source: Relief Web